A: Bookings can be made online or over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Please visit our Book a Bulk Kerbside Collection Page to make a booking online.
To book over the phone and speak to a Customer Service operator please ring 1300 1COAST (1300 126 278) Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5pm.
All bookings made outside business hours will be processed via an automated voice recognition service.
Your booking will be made for your next garbage bin collection day provided the booking is made at least one full business day in advance. You cannot select specific dates for the service to take place.
A: Your bulk kerbside collection will take place on your next garbage bin collection day provided that the booking is made at least one full business day in advance, otherwise the collection will occur the following week.
Please refer to the table below for booking deadlines:
|Bin Collection Day:||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Book via the Call Centre before 5pm on:||Thursday||Friday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday|
|Book online before midnight on:||Thursday||Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday|
Bookings made via the website on a Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until Monday.
A: Due to the possibility of asbestos fibres being present, no composite compressed board will be collected. Composite compressed boards (as described below) are NOT permitted to be placed in your bulk kerbside collection. If any of these items are detected, CLEANAWAY is unable to collect any of your bulk waste.
Non-conforming products include: fibro of any kind (new or old), asbestos sheeting, fibre cement sheeting, fibre reinforced cement product, Blue Board, Hardiplank or any compressed fibre sheeting. CLEANAWAY on behalf of Central Coast Council further reserves the right to refuse to collect loads containing this material or any material resembling these types of products due to the risk they may contain asbestos fibres.
Please refer to the following website for disposal options: http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/managewaste/house-asbestos.htm
A: There are a couple of reasons why items may have been left behind:
1. Some items are not suitable for the bulk kerbside collection service. Please review the guidelines page on this website to check if the items left behind are on our ‘not accepted’ list.
2. The size of your collection has exceeded your annual entitlement. Most households are entitled to 6 on-call collections every year. Each collection must be no more than 2 cubic metres in size, which is roughly the carrying capacity of a standard box trailer. If you have exceeded your annual entitlement, we will not remove the excess items.
A: There are a couple of reasons why we may not have removed your bulk kerbside collection:
1. When we visited your property, no items were placed out for collection. Remember to always place your bulk kerbside items out for collection the evening before as the service may begin early. While most collections are not removed until 7:00am, some may be done earlier to avoid creating road congestion at peak hours.
2. Vehicles or other obstructions prevented our drivers from collecting the materials.
3. It was not booked in. All bulk kerbside services must be booked beforehand. Please ensure you record the booking reference number provided when making your booking.
4. We could not find your address. Not all properties are easy to find based on their street address alone. If your property falls into this category, please provide additional location details during your booking to help our drivers locate your property.
5. The items were presented in a way that made it difficult for our drivers to remove it. Please review the guidelines page for information on how your bulk kerbside collection should be presented.
6. Your items were located on private property and not on the kerbside. Our drivers will not enter your property to collect the waste.
7. There may have been a large amount of extra waste presented at collection, as many residents underestimate the amount of waste they will present when booking. This can result in some collections only being completed the next day.
8. We may have missed your collection.
To report a missed service, visit our Report a Missed Bulk Service page.
A: No. Once a bulk kerbside collection has been booked it cannot be changed or cancelled. If no items are placed at the kerbside, 1 bulk kerbside entitlement will still be removed from the property.
A Most households are entitled to 6 on-call collections every year. Each collection must be no more than 2 cubic metres in size, which is roughly the carrying capacity of a standard box trailer. If you have exceeded your annual entitlement we will not remove the excess items. Bulk kerbside entitlements are reinstated to 6 collections each year on the 1st of February.
A: Unfortunately if a tenant, owner or previous owner uses all 6 of these allocations within the period from 1st February – 31st January each year, there are no more available until the following February as the allocations are for the property.
A: The maximum size of one collection is for 2 cubic metres (roughly the carrying capacity of a standard box trailer). If you have not booked in enough bulk collections to cover the amount of waste you have placed on the kerbside, additional collections may be taken from your entitlements to cover the amount of waste placed out so it can be removed for you.